Just in time to start the new year, learning about Kundalini Yoga and having a regular Kundalini practice will enhance your life. What a better way to start than on New Years Day, for 8:00a Kundalini Yoga Practice with Robin at Yoga Bound! Join us every Friday at 8:00a for a regular Kundalini Practice at Yoga Bound with Robin.
"In Kundalini Yoga the most important thing is your experience. It goes right to your heart. No words can replace your experience. Your mind may accept the words or it may not, but your consciousness will not accept just words." -Yogi Bhajan,
With Kundalini Yoga, you experience the harnessing of the subtle energies of the body: mental, physical and nervous energy. You learn that all these energies are in your command, which becomes the true instrument of the soul. This is a self-awareness technology that "combines breath, mudra, eye-focus, mantra, body-locks, and postures to balance the glandular system, strengthen the nervous system, expand lung capacity, and purifiy the blood. It brings balance to the body, mind, and soul". ( 3HO )
Here are a few reasons to practice Kundalini Yoga:
1. Fine Tunes your Inner Guidance Kundalini Yoga is designed to clean out the subconscious mind. Old memories, fears, negative thought patterns and habits that do not serve you can get stuck in the subconscious mind and distort your perception of the clarity and purpose of your life. When your subconscious mind becomes clear, you can more effectively connect to the power of your intuition, and learn to listen to the profound thoughts and feelings that arise in meditation. Thus developing your own internal guidance system to help with decisions and questions that life brings you.
2. Strengthen your Immune System Kundalini Yoga gets energy moving and flowing through you. Poor health and dis-ease arise from stagnation in the physical, mental, emotion and nervous energies of the body. Through energization exercises, the practices in Kundalini Yoga strengthen the immune system, nervous system and promote good circulation. All helping you to look and feel healthy, radiant and young from the inside out!
3. Protection from Negative Energy Practicing Kundalini Yoga strengthens your aura, your electromagnetic field. This energetic field protects you, and alerts you to positive or negative energy. A weak aura can allow negative energy in. A fortified, radiant aura can protect you, attract you to positivity and and keep you centered and grounded in your own bright light energy.
4. Emotional Balance Kundalini Yoga Strengthens the nervous system, balances the glands, increases circulation and cleans the subconscious mind. All of these purifying subtle body fortification techniques allows for greater awareness and cultivates your ability to respond with mindfulness, as opposed to react based on your emotions.
5. Enhances Relaxation and Reduces Stress Kundalini works to balance the nervous system. When your nervous system is out of balance, you are more prone to stress and allowing the stress to affect your overall wellbeing. After all the breath-work, mudra, postures, mantra and eye-focus techniques, you experience a deep feeling of renewed relaxation, giving you resilience in the face of everyday stress.
May the Long Time Sun Shine Upon You
May All Love Surround You
And May The Pure Light Within You, Guide Your Way On.
photo from 2 Wolves Holistic Center